London 2012 Dominates at ISEM 2012 Awards
8th November 2012
London 2012 swept the board last night at the 6th Annual International Sports Event Management Awards 2012, as the elite of the sports event management industry celebrated at the Cumberland Marble Arch Hotel, London.
Team London, sponsors of the Games, LOCOG and its suppliers collected seven out of eleven of the awards, recognising those who behind the scenes made the Games a huge success. Held annually alongside The International Sports Event Management Conference, the ISEM Awards recognise excellence in leadership, innovation and achievement in the delivery, operation and management of sports events globally. The selection process started with a record number of entries and the successful evening was a sell-out, reflecting an amazing year of sport.
Winners were awarded in the following 11 different categories:
- Event Marketing - Total Sports Asia for the Axiata Cup
- Event Overlay and Facilities - Team London 2012 for London 2012
- Event Look - ICON for UEFA Euro 2012
- Hospitality - Rugby Travel & Hospitality Limited for the Rugby World Cup
- Best Use of Sponsorship - Lloyds Banking Group for London 2012
- Best Use of Technology - BT Global Services for London 2012
- Best Opening/Closing Ceremony - FiveCurrents for the Pan American Games Sport City - London & Partners for London 2012
- Environment & Sustainability - LOCOG for London 2012
- Most Innovative Event - Innsbruck Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee for the Innsbruck Youth Olympic Games
- Team Outstanding Contribution - Technology Team of LOCOG for London 2012Individual Outstanding Contribution - Sir Craig Reedie, CBE, Vice President, International Olympic Committee