|Our workshops are interactive, in depth focus days where you will learn from an expert in the industry and can take away practical information to help in your day to day operations.
The workshop will start at 10am, and will finish at 4pm, it will include coffee breaks and lunch for all delegates.
||Refreshments and Registration
Workshop: Planning and Implementing In-Venue Technology to Improve Your Event, Increasing Efficiency and Revenues
For technology supporting major sporting events, failure of any kind is not an option.
Morning Session 10.00 – 12.30
||Managing and Delivering IT Systems in a Highly Demanding Environment
- Command and Control: Providing vital information and communication methods in an emergency or when a high level of coordination of activities and processes are necessary. Minimising cyber attacks and working closely with partners and government
- Accessibility: Providing technology that can be accessed throughout the stadium, ensuring adequate WIFI and mobile coverage for the masses and effectively dealing with peaks in demand
- Reliability: ‘Airspace management’ monitoring and policing use of spectrum in the venue to ensure there is no interference
||Lunch and Networking
Afternoon Session 13.30 – 16.00
Planning and Implementing Technologies for Enhanced Experience
Technology in venues is continuing to develop at an astonishing rate and has an increasing impact on the experience that all user groups gain when visiting and using a venue. What does your event have to offer and how can you keep in advance of the dynamic technology world to provide the best experience for service providers, media, sponsors and spectators? How can you offer fans an engaging, immersive live experience through the most effective technologies?
Slobodan Delic, Director - Venue Technology Management and Results Services, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
- Developing strong working relationships with technology partners, service providers and broadcasters to deliver increasingly detailed view of the technology products and services
- Effective partnership negotiation and execution skills
- Opening up new revenue streams with connected stadiums
- Investigating advertising and sponsorship opportunities on HD display screens
- Legacy: Planning and implementing knowledge transfer for future events
Who Will Benefit?
This workshop will deliver invaluable insights and lessons learnt for all CIO’s and CTO’s Heads of/Directors of Technology and Venue Technology Managers/IT Directors working in local organising committees. It will be particularly relevant to managers who are responsible for overseeing the technologies and IT systems within stadiums and facilities.
Close of Workshop Day